Kids just love Thomas the Tank Engine and often times have dozens of the trains in their collection. If your child has one or some of the 1.5 million Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway cars, you should take them away immediately and contact the company for a replacement.
Surface paints on the recalled products contain lead, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
The recall involves wooden vehicles, buildings and other train set components for young children listed in the chart below. The front of the packaging has the logo “Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway” on the upper left-hand corner. A manufacturing code may be located on the bottom of the product or inside the battery cover. Toys marked with codes containing “WJ” or “AZ” are not included in this recall.
The recall includes:
- Red James Engine & Red James’ # 5 Coal Tender
- Red Lights & Sounds James Engine & Red James’ #5 Lights & Sounds Coal Tender
- James with Team Colors Engine & James with Team Colors #5 Coal Tender
Red Skarloey Engine
- Brown & Yellow Old Slow Coach
- Red Hook & Ladder Truck & Red Water Tanker Truck
- Red Musical Caboose
- Red Sodor Line Caboose
- Red Coal Car labeled “2006 Day Out With Thomas” on the Side
- Red Baggage Car
- Red Holiday Caboose
- Red “Sodor Mail” Car
- Red Fire Brigade Truck
- Red Fire Brigade Train
- Deluxe Sodor Fire Station
- Red Coal Car
- Yellow Box Car
- Red Stop Sign
- Yellow Railroad Crossing Sign
- Yellow “Sodor Cargo Company” Cargo Piece
- Smelting Yard
- Ice Cream Factory
If in doubt, just contact the company or view their Web site. You can get replacement trains from the manufacturer, RC2 Corp..
recallssafetylead painttoysthomas the train