Early Signs of Pregnancy
Hints You Might Be Pregnant Before You Can Take a Pregnancy Test
By: Kelby Carr on: Sat 28 of Apr, 2007 [15:49 UTC] (2538 reads)
The early signs of pregnancy can be tough to decipher, or to even distinguish from the approach of a period. It can be agonizing if you are wondering if you are pregnant and it's still in those days before a pregnancy test will register accurate results. As anyone trying to conceive knows, those days between ovulation and that first missed period can feel quite long as you wait to know. These are some of the common early signs of pregnancy.
Subscribe to Type-A Mom articles
You might experience some, all or none of these early pregnancy symptoms, but these are signs many women noticed in the first couple weeks after conception.
- Sudden distaste for old favorites. If you wake up one day and are turned off by the mere thought of your morning coffee, which you've not only loved but needed for years, you could be pregnant. A sudden change in taste for foods or drinks can be an early sign.
- Your breasts are tender. Many women say this was their first or one of their first signs of pregnancy.
- You suddenly feel tired frequently. If you find you have the urge to nap as soon as you get home from work in the evening, or at random times during the day, you could be pregnant. While fatigue often worsens later in pregnancy, you might be struck by its sudden onset.
- You just feel pregnant. As odd as this sounds, many moms say in retrospect that they just felt different or somehow sensed their body had changed. You might experience this. Unfortunately, especially if you are trying to conceive and eager to get pregnant, your mind can play tricks on you.
- You feel nauseous. While morning sickness typically strikes after you miss your first period, you could start feeling nauseous as early as 10 days after conception as your hormone levels rise.
- You're spotting. This can be tricky, since this could be caused by an impending period. But if you know your period is due and you're merely getting light spotting instead of the real thing, it could be a sign of pregnancy. The spotting is caused when the implantation occurs, and could be slightly earlier than your period is actually due.
- You're cramping. OK, this one is obviously one of the toughest to distinguish from PMS. But it is common to also experience cramping during implantation.
What was your first sign of pregnancy? What symptoms did you experience in the very first days of pregnancy? Share by clicking "add comments" below.