Managing your Time
Saving time is something we all want...here are some ways.
By: Taylor_Blue on: Sun 05 of Aug, 2007 [00:16 UTC] (1948 reads)
Time is always going by so fast. Everyone seems to complain there is never enough of it. If you re-evaluate how you spend your time you can find ways for it to run smoother.
Subscribe to Type-A Mom articles
Try some of these ideas to get back on track.
Delegate, Delegate and ah Delegate
You don't have to do everything yourself!
- If someone else can do it, give it to that person to do.
- Make sure the family pitches in to help with the chores.
Remember, if someone doesn't do the jobe exactly the way you liked, don't freak out. Enjoy the extra time you have!
Filter out the other distractions when you are trying to get something done. Let your answering machine pick up the phone. Tell your family you need 30 minutes to compose yourself. Go to work earlier so you can have some uninterrupted time to work.
Start with a Plan
Sit down and really think of the best plan of action for all the things you need to do for the day.
- Map out your errands so you aren't running all over the place wasting time.
- Try to get appointments that two or three members of the family can go at once.
- When shopping for something specific call around for prices and see if it is in stock. This way you won't get to the store and find out your item is sold out.
If there is an "emergency" in your day, don't sweat it.
Do more than one thing at a time. For instance, if you are talking on the phone unload and load the dishwasher. There are lots of things that can be done at the same time!
Learn the word "NO"
You probably don't have enough time to do the things you want never mind what someone else wants you to do. Try saying this to somebody next time, "Let me check and see what my schedule is like." This way you will be able to assess if you have the time or energy. Your excuse doesn't need to be long. Just say, "I have other commitments."
Photo courtesy: Paul Pasieczny