Spicy Turmeric Chicken Recipe
Looking for really tasty , low fat food to keep you healthy this summer?
By: totanaliz on: Tue 31 of Jul, 2007 [08:55 UTC] (2551 reads)
If you love spicy food and want something quick and easy to prepare, this dish is the answer. Serve it with salad and a yoghurt based dip for a very low fat meal, or add couscous or rice for something more filling. It also tastes great as a sandwich filling for a pitta bread with mango chutney, or a tasty topping for a baked potato.
Ingredients to serve 2
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 small green chili, or half a small red chili. ( or dried chili flakes)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into inch long strips
- lemon juice
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves and mix together with the salt to make a paste.
- Add the teaspoon of oil to the frying pan or wok, and fry the garlic paste for a couple of minutes until browned.
- Add the strips of chicken, and fry for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the ground coriander, turmeric and chilies to the pan and stir well.
- Add the lemon juice and some fresh, chopped coriander for garnish (optional)
- Quickly stir for a minute and then it is ready to serve.
It really is a simple recipe, and takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and 10 minutes to cook, so it´s ideal for those evenings when you arrive home tired, and want a quick and tasty meal in record time.
My kids like this too, if I go easy on the chili flakes, and the addition of a tiny spoon of honey makes it a little sweeter for their taste.