No Bake Cake Recipes for Kids
Ideal Summer Recipes to Make with Your Kids
By: totanaliz on: Thu 26 of Jul, 2007 [14:56 UTC] (4927 reads)
These easy no-bake cake recipes serve 2 purposes. First, they are both great to make in the heat of the summer as there is no cooking involved. Secondly, my kids love to help make them (and of course to help make the finished item “disappear” afterwards!). This is a nice way keep them occupied for the afternoon.
Subscribe to Type-A Mom articles
A word of warning though, these are very moreish, so if you are watching your figure steer well clear! One mouthful is never enough!
TIP: Get your kids to crush the biscuits by placing them in a freezer bag and tying the top. Use a rolling pin for small crumbs, or crush by hand for more texture.
Chocolate Biscuit cake
- 50 g / 2 oz margarine or butter
- 50 g / .2 oz caster or ordinary white sugar
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 100g / 4oz crushed biscuits, digestives, Maria or Rich Tea are ideal.
- Place all the ingredients except the crushed biscuits in a pan
- Gently heat until all the butter / margarine and sugar have dissolved.
- Add the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press into a 6” square or 7” round baking tin.
- Chill well and when set cut into small slices.
You can add chopped glace cherries, raisins , apricots or other dried fruit to vary the taste.
Ginger Crunch Pie
- 100g / 4oz crushed ginger biscuits
- 50g / 2oz melted butter or margarine
- 150 ml or ¼ pint of double or whipping cream
- 1 large ( 200g approx) 7 oz tin of condensed milk
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- grated rind of a lemon, reserve a little for decoration
- Melt the butter or margarine and mix with the crushed ginger biscuits
- Spread the base inot an 8” pie dish or baking tin and press down firmly. Chill in the fridge.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a food processor, blender or by hand.
- Pour over the base and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- You can decorate the top with finely grated lemon rind or chocolate curls just before serving.