Healthy Dips for Kids
Fun and Healthy Dip Ideas to Encourage Picky Kids to Eat Vegetables, Meat and More
By: Kelby Carr on: Sun 15 of Jul, 2007 [15:42 UTC] (6129 reads)
Kids can be picky eaters who often turn their noses up to foods like vegetables and meat, but try using these healthy dip ideas to encourage them to widen their food choices. Toddlers, preschoolers and even older kids just love to dip their food! Here are some healthy dip ideas for kids.
Subscribe to Type-A Mom articles
Use these dips with any combination of hard-to-feed foods, such as meat or tofu dices or fruits and vegetables cut into long thin shapes. Also, don't be afraid to pair a sweet or fruity dip with meat or vegetables. Toddlers don't mind, and it can make those bitter foods more palatable.
Healthy Dip Ideas
- Apple Butter
- Plain yogurt
- Pureed fruit
- Honey (for babies over one year only)
- Homemade not-hot salsas, with pureed tomatoes and fruits
- Apple sauce
- Yogurt pureed with cheese or fruit
- Fat-free sour cream
- Peanut butter and yogurt dip. Just mix the two ingredients vigorously, chill and serve.
- Pureed cottage cheese pureed with mix-ins like roasted red peppers or fruit
- Goat cheese and yogurt, blended
Have fun with it, and best of all, parents can enjoy the dips too. You might even consider having dips handy for regular meals if you have finger food eaters. That way, if you cut up the grown-up food, you can give your toddler the dip on his or her plate.